Friday, February 25, 2011

Reaction to the movie (Precious)

Reaction to  Movie
I think the book is much more geraphic than the movie. One thing that the director did that i like was the fact that he never showed Precious's father's face. I did not get fact that there was not a lot of dolly shot. There was alot a lot of close ups, which gave the audiences a sensation of Precious's life. I think the movie was better because it gives people a sense of how Precious's life will be afterward. One thing i did not like about the movie was the end, the movie ended badly. It did not give people a clear view on how Precious's life is after she talked to her mother. It also did a poor job telling about the other characters which help understand Precious situation better. i think the director focused too much on Precious on the film. But overall i like the movie, at least it projected the theme of the movie which was furtive abuses in family. 

1 comment:

  1. nice comment on obscuring the father's face; it makes him so much more menacing.

    ReplyDelete